I like to have several projects on the go at any one time. I’m the same with books – it’s rare I’m only reading one book during a period of time (unless it’s REALLY gripping, like ‘The Book of You‘ by Claire Kendal). I know lots of people who can’t work like that – they need to focus on one book at a time. I imagine, therefore, there are plenty of people who also focus on one craft project at a time, or one project per craft category (i.e. sewing, knitting, painting, etc.). I, on the other hand, like to have a few options so that, whatever my mood and budget, I have something to turn to.
Here’s my current Project Portfolio:
- Box pleat skirt (I’ve blogged about this here)
- A patchwork quilt using Kirsty Allsop’s fat quarters from Hobbycraft (which are beautiful colours and patterns but match nothing in my home!)
- A cushion cover out of an old blue and white striped jumper that I bought in the sale from New Look for £3! Bargain make!
- A cushion cover (seeing a theme here?!) from an old striped pink New Look cardigan that I don’t wear very often.
- A handmade gift for my Dad’s partner’s birthday but I can’t tell you what as she made read this!
- A little pink skirt for my 5-year-old step-niece who asked me to make it sparkly!
- Boddles pouffe in purple
- 50 inch square tweed stitch purple blanket. This is a long-term project as though it works up very quickly it uses a lot of yarn (at £4.50 a ball!) so I have to pace myself across pay cheques…!
- Navy child’s crossover cardigan
- Child’s toy polar bear (soon to start)
- Trinket dishes in various shapes
- Gift tags
- A little trinket box
Errr… Nothing at the moment!
- I plan on tackling Mary Berry’s recipe for vanilla and chocolate marble cake this weekend. 🙂